PORTSIDE

Welcome to the Ball

Bay Port High School's production of Cinderella opens April 14

Back to Article
Back to Article

Welcome to the Ball

Faith Fuller, who plays Marie, the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella, prepares makeup, costume, and microphone for dress rehearsal.

Whitney Fuller

Whitney Fuller

Whitney Fuller

Whitney Fuller, Staff Writer

The cast of Cinderella performs in dress rehearsal the week before opening night, April 14.

Whitney Fuller

Whitney Fuller

The Spring Musical Production at Bay Port High School is going to be “Cinderella.” The opening night will be on April 14 with shows on April 15, 16, 22, and 23 all at 7 p.m., except for April 23 matinee at 2 p.m. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased from
Seatyourself.com and on the nights of the shows, if any are left.

The entire cast has been practicing since November 23, for three or more hours every night to make the production into a success. Even with all the hard work from all involved, the show has been extremely stressful according to musical director and ELA teacher Jaclyn Beattie.

All the parts have to be in good communication and work together in harmony. This is her first show as Director, after 10 years of being the assistant director. Despite the stress, she has enjoyed the new experience and knowledge she has gained during the production.

Along with the show there will be a fine arts night on both Friday night showings before the shows begin to showcase some of the artistic work of Bay Port students. Orchestra students will play music in the rotunda, while along the hallway students artwork will be showcased, leading to an area where children will have a chance to get their pictures taken with Cinderella and Prince Charming.

Beattie hopes that this will be “another time where arts can be recognized.”